Caesarstone @ Dwell On Design 2009
Written by: Ricky Mak from buildaroo.com
Carmen interviewed Caesarstone's marketing manager, Maggie, in a booth surrounded by quartz stone! Maggie has been with the company for over 5 years, and she shared with us information about Caesarstone. Caesarstone manufactures quartz surfaces, and they were the very first company to receive the ISO 14,001 certificate! This certificate reflects Caesarstone's commitment to maintaining manufacturing processes that do not harm the environment. You can check out the pdf for the ISO 14,001 certificate here.
Caesarstone's surfaces are comprised of 93% natural quartz which Maggie claims is an abundant mineral, and the remaining 7% is polyester resin and other pigments and binders. This combination creates a non-porous stone surface, so toxic chemical sealants do not need to be used. In addition to the certificate from ISO, Caesarstone quartz surfaces meet the standards of NSF 51, which means it is safe to be used for food preparation, and they are also Greenguard certified. Furthermore, Caesarstone quartz surfaces contribute to LEED points.
Some of the products showcased in Caesarstone's beautiful booth include a countertop called Smokey Ash, which is partially composed of recycled glass, and a product called Carbon whose composition is made up of 45% crushed Caesarstone reminents from fabricators.