Mayor Lewis of Gilbert, Arizona on the Attractiveness of Arizona for Renewable Energy Companies
Mayor Lewis of Gilbert, Arizona, attended this year's Solar Power International conference in order to encourage renewable energy companies to consider setting up solar businesses in Arizona. The Buildaroo News Team met up with Mayor Gilbert to chat a bit about the Renewable Energy incentives Arizona offers as well as the other benefits of setting up solar in Arizona. Watch the video above to hear what the Mayor had to say.
Some benefits of setting up Solar in Arizona:
- Arizona state legislature has passed incentives for corporate income tax credits and property tax reductions for renewable energy
- Arizona has sunlight for 340 days a year.
- Arizona has set a goal to have 25% of its energy derived from renewable energy sources by 2025.
- The Semiconductor industry in Arizona is the 2nd largest in the United States.
- Arizona's higher education system has programs that prepare students for jobs in the renewable energy field, and as a result there is a workforce prepared for the solar industry.