MPPT Charge Controller by MidNite Solar Increases Current Flexibility and Range
MidNite Solar releases Classic MPPT charge controller; claims its "the most sophisticated MPPT charge controller in the world."
MidNite Solar has released the Classic MPPT charge controller, which the company claims is going to be "the most sophisticated MPPT charge controller in the world." The company says that the Classic MPPT charge controller will substantially increase the flexibility, features and range currently found on MPPT controllers. A maximum power point tracker (or MPPT) is a high efficiency DC to DC converter which functions as an optimal electrical load for a solar panel or array, and converts the power to a voltage or current level which is more suitable to whatever load the system is designed to drive.
The Buildaroo News Team interviewed Robin Gudgel of MidNite Solar at the 2009 Solar Power International. Watch the video and find out more about the product.
Some information about the MidNite Solar Classic MPPT Charge Controller:
- 250 volt DC PV input
- Solar, Wind and Hydro modes
- Parallel operation: No hub required to stack Classics to act as one large controller.
- Graphical display draws pictures and graphs
- Ethernet, USB and RS232 ports
- 32 megabytes of data logging
- Each Classic MPPT Charge Controller unit comes with snap on covers and hole plugs to cover all openings when used in dusty or salt air environments
- Voice prompts (It talks to you!)
- Wizard driven set up routine
So what do you think? Have you used this product? We'd love to hear your feedback about MidNite Solar's Classic MPPT Charge Controller, a product the company says will "stand the renewable energy industry on it’s ear."