Wago 828 Series Feedthrough Terminal Block Speeds up Solar Installations
Wago 828 Series Feedthrough Terminal Block Utilizes Cage Clamp Spring Pressure Connection Technology Making Solar Installation Faster & Easier
Wago exhibited the 828 Series Feedthrough Terminal Block at this year's Solar Power International. Developed for solar inverters, the 828 Series is the only feedthrough terminal block utilizing CAGE CLAMP Spring Pressure Connection technology. All Wago 828 Series Feedthrough Terminal Block terminations are tool-free and maintenance-free. Cory from Wago explains to the Buildaroo News Team how this product works. Watch the video below to learn more.
So how does the Wago 828 Series Feedthrough Terminal Block work? It's super simple. Unlike conventional screw terminal blocks, the 828 Series allows users to simply lift the lever, insert a stripped conductor (AWG 16-6) into the termination port and lower the lever.
What are the advantages of using the Wago 828 Series Feedthrough Terminal Block over a more conventional terminal block?
- Terminations are 50% faster than other methods.
- There are no torque specs to follow.
- No specialty tools required or preventative maintenance plans needed to ensure long-term termination integrity.
- Single-piece construction to simplify the necessary panel opening and eliminate alignment issues during panel assembly.
- Installation is efficient: insert block through a rectangular panel opening and secure it to the panel via standard locking clip.
- Exclusive integrated lockout feature accommodates a security seal or similar tagout marker, limiting unauthorized access to external terminations.
- WAGO-exclusive panel gasket seal provides a splash-resistant seal to the enclosure for additional protection and reliability.
- CAGE CLAMP terminations ensure terminations are resistant to temperature cycling and corrosion, as well as gas-tight.