YKK AP enerGfacade Commercial Window & Curtain Wall
YKK AP manufactures fenestration products for commercial and residential use. At this year's Greenbuild conference, YKK AP displayed products from their enerGfacade family. The Buildaroo News Team spoke with Mike from YKK AP about two new products the company just launched: the YOW 350 XT commercial casement window and the YCU 750 TU unitized curtain wall. Both these products have great thermal performance and U-values between .35 and .37 in their framing - which means you get this level of insulation with standard glass, and significantly higher insulation with a better insulating glass. Watch the video above to learn more about these energy efficient commercial fenestration products.
Some information about the products on display:
YOW 350 XT Commercial Casement Window
- has a U value of 0.35 utilizing standard industry glass and glazing. There is a wide thermal gap and an air barrier to minimize convection within the air cavities.
- U value of 0.35 is very low for a casement window and exceeds many building codes and next year's ASHRAE standards.
- The U value of 0.35 is using standard glass. With more efficient glass, the U value could go down to 0.31.
YCU 750 TU Unitized Curtain Wall
- U value of 0.37
- uses a polyurethane thermal barrier to minimize energy transfer.
- first product in the U.S. that utilizes a polyurethane thermal barrier, according to company
- can be installed very easily - the unit is simply loaded onto the anchor and pointed down into the insulation. As a result contractors can turn a building over quicker utilizing this system.